Everdrives (& other flashcarts too!)

I like that DSL size! Interested in reviews as well. I about bought a GBA/DS flash cart a couple months ago, glad I waited!

I’m really interested in this one. I wonder what they are doing considering Krikkz couldn’t even fit his in a standard GBA cart and this is 1/3 the size.

Something I forgot to mention, if you’re interested in an FPGA MSX, there’s a company that produces them in smallish batches.

If you’re interested, you should contact them and let them know. Once enough people have expressed interest, they put up another batch to order.

1 Like

anyone know how these flashcart behave on pal snes/megadrive?

can i play games in 60hz on an pal snes, mega drive without any other modification.

No you need to mod the consoles. Once you do though, it works perfectly.

Edit: And of course they work perfectly in 50hz PAL as well, and you can play games from any region but 50hz only.

Not strictly true - SD2SNES auto patches NTSC games to play on unmodified PAL hardware.

Oh yes. I just meant that the games will be played in 50hz if the console isn’t modified.

Ah yes, I don’t think I caught your edit.

To be fair, there’s no reason why anyone should subject themselves to PAL in this day and age. Super Famicom consoles are dirt cheap.

Yeah and the Model 1 Mega Drive/Genesis is super simple to mod with a region switch. Really good beginners project actually.

what a cool option - any reviews out there on it? FPGA is usually solid, but details on compatibility/etc are always welcome. price ain’t bad either!

It’s thought to be nearly 100% compatible with MSX1 and MSX2 software. That is to say, there are no known incompatibilities and it’s based on a very mature FPGA core that was originally sold officially by the MSX Association. Further enhancements are still made by the community regularly, and it has a very good reputation in the community. I don’t know of any video reviews or anything though.

I’ve ordered one now that they’re finally in stock, but they may no longer be available by the time I get mine and write impressions.

Woah

This is awesome. It reminds me of the GameCube DAC. For years all the top guys said it couldn’t be done then Unseen64 comes out of nowhere and goes “Oh hey I did it in a few days and it’s all open source. Enjoy”

Beta sd2snes firmware with Super FX support (thanks Reddit)

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=7451.msg57906#msg57906

1 Like

I love it when stuff like this happens. It just takes one dedicated person.

Hoooly shit

Will be trying some hacks tonight

Came here to post this as well! I can’t belive it’s finally happening!

Yep, there’s some great Yoshi’s Island hacks I’d love to try on real hardware…and now I can! And with my ripped files via copysnes!

I still need to actually play the game but looking forward to some rom hacks after!

I just ordered batteries for my copy of YI, too. Gonna dump that and play it on my sd2snes instead!