Krikzz (creator of the Everdrive) releases wireless Sega Genesis (Mega Drive) controllers!

OK 8bitdo fix this shit.

Edit: I am kind of predicting that 8bitdo ones are on hold until analogue releases their MD/Genesis console. I don’t know what is next but I really feel like their next two consoles will be a Sega Genesis and a revamped NES that is way cheaper and is HDMI only.

Bummer.

Their packaging is on point at least.

I have been wanting a transparent Saturn controller for a long time so I am very hopeful for these USB pads at least. The 8-button Genesis pad looks neat too if a bit redundant, and those analog models don’t look very well designed but they could be useful (Been looking for a good dual-analog controller with 6 face buttons for years). I hope retail comes in under $20 for the wired versions though, don’t know if I’d pay much more than that.

As a USB Saturn replacement, I’ve been having a ton of fun with those PDP Versus pads lately, with the micro-switch mini joystick and buttons. I still need to try a Hori Fighting Commander, those look almost perfect as 2D emulation pads. I haven’t tried the Raphnet adapters yet, but the Mayflash one I have adds some noticeable lag for me.

Any release dates announced for these?

ETA for these retro-bit pads appears to be November.

Which Mayflash adapter do you have? I have one but not done any extensive testing, it seemed okay but I couldn’t say if it was 100% lag free.

I have the 3-in-1 Saturn, N64, and PS2 adapter myself. I used it a long time before I noticed anything (I’m not really that sensetive to lag), and it never gave me any trouble as far as functionality went either. When I later used it to play through Cuphead, Sonic Mania, and Celeste I found that there was definite lag over both a 360 pad and my iBuffalo SNES clone.

That could be the way the games handled the input or something though, I’ve not tried it since. Now that I have those PDP controllers I haven’t looked for another solution. Raphnet is supposed to have their new Saturn to USB out soon so I may be able to pick one up to test against the Mayflash head to head. I’ll also probably pick up one of these Saturn USB controllers just to have it.

1 Like

I bought a Krikzz wireless controller. A little pricey but I’ve found it to work great. I’m satisfied with it.

Finally got my 8bitdo Mega Drive kit, a month after the Nintendo ones arrived.

It’s for the larger version of the MD six button pad. Works fine, but isn’t quite as nice as the Nintendo ones because instead of a custom stopper for the ends, it just leaves the cord hole open looking a bit raw, and uses standard micro USB cable.

Played some Street Fighter on Switch with it, and remembered how much more I prefer the Saturn pad.

Somebody make a wireless Saturn pad for the love of god…

@Shwing - I might change the thread title into a general wireless retro pad one? Or I gues we could make a new one.

@hugo19941994 got that saturn pcb kit and posted impressions over on shmups, seems fairly positive.

Sweet, will try one next. The only issue is compatibility with other systems? I really want it for Switch now!

The lack of ‘Saturn > insert console’ adapters is strange, why wouldn’t you want the GOAT 2d pad on other machines? Yeah same, using a Saturn pad on the Switch Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle would be great.

I have the ability to use a Saturn pad for most machines:

I have a Saturn - DC adapter
Saturn to Neo Geo/Supergun
Playstation Saturn pad for PS1/PS2.
USB Saturn pad for PS3/PC

Of course I need three pads to achieve all that…

1 Like

I recently got a Total Control 3 (SS to DC) solely for the Twin Stick use but they’re now out of print. I also picked up a Saturn to Neo Geo adapter which saved me forking out for another stick, thankfully. Those PS Saturn pads are crazy expensive but I hear they’re awesome.

I’d love for someone to make a decent adapter for the psx/ps2 again so I can use my Twin Sticks on the Sega Ages VO. The old adapter stock is completely dry.

That works for me!