Let's Play Series: Super Ghouls N Ghosts

I gave up at the end of level 3 tonight. Will give it another go tomorrow.

Level 3 tips: At the start where there’s a money bag next to a ladder that seems to go down to nowhere, climb down the ladder anyway and a chest will appear with the upgraded armor. Also when you run into the red arremer/firebrand, just get past him and keep running for a bit and you’ll hit the checkpoint. If you keep running you can even outrun him altogether. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s time for me to call it quits as well. I made it to the boss after the raft section several times but I couldn’t make it past.

Looking at the manual it looks like I’m actually at the end of quest 2.

Woooo!!

Going for that true ending, tearing ass through the game again!

1 Like

I think i am going to play it on the SNES classic. I keep having to run through the same levels over and over again.

On the upside I am getting good at this game on the downside seriously by the time I get to a new spot I need to turn it off and do something else with the family.

Yup. I am going to give it another go tonight and I have a feeling ill end up in the same spot I did last night when I have to turn it off.

So what’s the torch weapon for besides being useless anyway?

Knife seems to be the best for me overall.

I got all the way to the last level of the 2nd run and am giving up, using the goddess bracelet isn’t fun and this game is just pissing me off now. At least I made it through the first loop. Anyways, fuck this game, I’ll never play it again.

1 Like

Probably should take a survey at the end of this month to see who beat it, who beat the 2nd loop, and who said fuck this game. I will never play it again. I think I will be on the side that beat it once and pisses out trying to get through loop # 2.

1 Like

The game really just fucking hates you. Capcom punishes you at every corner for playing their game

1 Like

I’ll probably play it again. Maybe next Halloween.

That game made me very salty tho.

lol everyone is gonna end up hating the game when the month is over.

I did exactly the same thing last night (Normal, 5 lives) and your words are spot on. The goddess bracelet breakes the fun. Up until that it’s an highly addictive game though. Weapon wise, i tend do go like this:

Stage 1-3 Dagger
Stage 4-7 Arrow

I never use the axe, torch or scythe.

The scythe is hot garbage imo.

Alright I’m getting better at this. Got to level 4 on my first credit (9 lives) and then got a game over. Will continue in a bit.

I am almost ok with the fire for the first part of level 1 but I basically only use the knife and arrow. The issue I have with the arrow is its auto pathing prevents you from shooting again. Its too risky sometimes. I suppose if you don’t have an armor upgrade its fine.

The Axe is hot garbage the scythe is lame.

The axe is great on the sea level for hitting the ghosts /clams

Knife > axe

You can spam the knife and if your armor isn’t upgraded I can see your point but there is no reason not to use the knife if you have green or better.

Haha god damn it! It crashed right here:

…oh well. I guess I beat the first round. I might give it another shot but not tonight.

If the first letter of that last word was an H it would be a much better picture!

I’ve been playing through Super Ghouls N Ghosts, with the restoration hack, the last few nights. It’s been slow going between the game’s difficulty and suddenly getting obsessed with fiddling with the OSSC rather than actually playing this or even Mario Odyssey. (At least Arthur makes for one sharp looking corpse!)

The waves and clams and non-Mario style jumping almost had me quit without getting past 1-1, but for some misguided reason I persevered until getting stuck for a while on 2-1.

Tonight I managed to get through all of stage 2 and make it to the boss of stage 3. I think I’m done. That said, SGnG finally clicked with me (that double jump!) and I don’t hate the game any more. I might even like it. Good thread topic.