MiSTer FPGA - OT

Its more the new toy issue.

It happens when I get a new everdrive or a new PC. I install a bunch of stuff on it and I try everything out because I want to see how well it works (less so with everdrives). In this situation, it feels more like a PC because I am trying out things I never could before, things look better than they did before on my analog equipment.

Mainly, I have been sampling game gear and PC Engine as I don’t have either one right now. I was quite fond of game gear back in the day, even though I was a Nintendo kid, i loved my GG. I always wanted a TG16 so the fact that I fell in love with PCE all these years later is just awesome. Even if mister is 100% perfect, I know for a fact that I will end up with a PC Engine some day. I really want to get a PCE GT as I can play the rest on my mister.

I was going to buy an MSX2, C64, & X68000 but after using the MiSTer I’ve decided against it. For me, it’s not worth the time, maintenance and modding costs. I too have been looking at handhelds and plan to buy a Lynx, NeoGeo Pocket Color, and Wonderswan Crystal before summer 2020 as it’s hard to replicate the experience of holding them in your hands.

A MISTer in a good looking all-in-one keyboard case would totally do me. Like an Atari ST, Amiga, Archimedes, C64 vibe. But with modern nicer to use chicklet key caps.

Edit: of course somebody has already done it with an Amiga A600.

Yeah but MiSTER will probably never be able to run PC Engine CD games. So that alone makes me glad that I got my SSDS3.

Only thing that will make me buy a MiSTer is if Neo Geo works on it, and it seems that the current SDRAM board may not be enough for it to work per Furrtek.

actually it’s in progress

if you mean your actual physical CDs then that’s another thing

https://www.retrorgb.com/mister-pc-engine-cd-turbografx-cd-begins.html

Yeah they totally think they can get the CD games running. The MiSTer is my PC Engine.