Retro Chat 2019 - Like Discord but more forumy!

I would at least get a comfy little chair, instead of sitting on the floor.

1 Like

Not thaaaaat much smaller than a regular inner Tokyo studio apartments, I stay in those when there.

Seriously. Put a chair in the corner and you’re all set to play your Switch and pass some time waiting to work again.

Kudos to that one guy, for trying to put a positive spin on being able to reach almost everything in the apartment while sitting on the floor. :rofl:

Happy Thanksgiving US RGB!

I hope you’re able to get some gaming in throughout the weekend. I started Persona 4 Golden on Vita last night. I am planning to spend some time with New Super Mario Land on SNES this weekend too. I never played the GB Super Mario Land.

1 Like

I bought some MiniDisc stuff.

I don’t entirely understand why. But I did. And I’m enjoying dubbing CDs and making bootleg MiniDiscs. At least for now I’ve been listening to a lot more music just from the novelty so that’s cool.

I’ve now got a used Onkyo mini stereo amplifier with built in MD and CD drive, a used MZ-B10 recorder, as well as a NetMD MZ-NE410 that I managed to find for a good price NIB. And a bunch of discs.

1 Like

I think that’s pretty cool tbh

Ha I busted out the Minidisc yesterday after watching this

Listened to The Get Up Kids disc I made up. I used the PS2’s optical out to make them.

They’re such an interesting cross between CDs and cassette tapes and floppy disk, with some weird 90s retro futurism mixed in.

I love the colours :purple_heart:

Retro futurism is right. They’re stylish and were a well designed format.

I suppose we need a 2020 thread…

2020 has been utter shit. Didn’t deserve its own thread. So glad it’s almost behind us. Looking forward to the 2021 thread.

1 Like

Don’t put too much hope into the future. I’m ready for 2021 to tell 2020 to hold it’s beer.

Yeh I’m gonna hold off… glad I did this year too lol

My friend had a rough 2019. Kept saying he couldn’t wait until 2020. That didn’t work out so well. I’m not expecting much from 2021. But, man, if it ends up being worse than this year, oof.

Maybe the reason 2020 was so bad is because there was no thread… :thinking:

I’m off discord so I hearby volunteer to construct a thread.

Edit: woo Low Effort Discussion Thread 2021