Retro Game Boards Logo Contest

Absolutely! Some great work here!

I’d like to see how the logos look when used. So I’m in favour of a rotation, for like a week or so with a change every day.

It’s one thing to have a big pretty logo, it still need to be legible when tiny. I suspect most of our “RetoGameBoards.com” at the bottom of them will be completely unreadable.

I agree there are some really good ones in here. Would love to see them in use so we can get a better idea of what it’ll look like.

We could rotate to see what they’re like in action but then pick a permanent one perhaps?

I too am in favor of a rotation

Love most of these. The converged circles are probably my fave.

The convered circles remind me of the Ontario Science Center Logo

en

Good catch. May want to scratch that one then. That’s the risk with these simple ones. Very possible some place has done something kinda similar

edit. one sec.

I created a temporary banner logo. Check out the more balanced phosphor glow though. We got all three colors of fairly equal strength now.

Edit: this is a more cropped version

2 Likes

Hm… seeing it up there, I’m not sure I like it. It’s a bit too “rainbow” like.

I reverted it back to our original temp logo. Let’s leave this thread open for another week and then close it off so we can make a final decision.

How does it scale?

It’s about the same. I’ll post it up again for another 5 mins in case you’d like to see. Keep refreshing until you see it.

Edit, it’s up now. Khaz let me know when you see it.

Ok that what I was afraid of. Wide images look great on top of the forum, but when scaled down with a title next to it, it’s just tiny.

Have you checked whether it was possible to have two images for each situation? So we could have both a wide image and a square one.

Yes we can. I chose to do the same image for both, but you can have one small one for inside a thread and one large one for the main thread list.

I don’t know if you have that info, but at least on my computer the small logo is maximum 80 pixels wide, and I’m assuming the height requirement is shared with the big logo. The big logo is 40 in height and whatever in width.

So the aspect ratio of the small logo is 2/1

If the pixel count is fixed, I’m sure it’s an important information for our graphic designers.

Also, pixel art!

And you know what fits perfectly in that area?

A pixely boar.

retroboar3

That’s right.

retroboar_long2

Oh yeah.

1 Like

True story. I’ve told a few friends about the site and every single one of them has said " the site is down"

We need someone to make 8 and 16 bit boars for us.

Lol

Should we just buy that domain and have a boar on it that tells people off for making careless typos?

I want it to be a forum about ancient boar hunting techniques