RGB High Score Battle! - Week 27 & 28: Shinobi

Nice work, yeah it’s really a great game… It’s very pick up and play worthy, easy to get into for new players.

Sadly still not beat this. Always some silly mistake screws over the run and stage 5-2 is my bane.

I can consistently get to the end boss at least but I think without being powered up somewhat beating his 4th form is just not doable.

Slightly better score result from my last run tonight:

Nice work… I’m going to put some more attempts in tonight and tomorrow night for sure

I finally beat the game!

I missed getting the Tornado magic in stage 2-2 Bonus round which sucked. Then after successfully beating the Mandara Statues with the gun I fall down the Stage 4-2 pixel perfect jump and lose all my upgrades, but thankfully managed the jump on my second attempt.

Knew I really needed to have zero deaths going forward to stand a chance at beating the end boss and managed to get to the end of 5-3 without dying, which gave me the knives, one health upgrade and a Katana:

Assumed my score here was way too low to beat my previous high score if I beat the boss on the first attempt but went for it anyway:

Thus greeted with the best ending screen ever:

I do however have a new high score from the game before this:

1 Like

Nice work! I really want to beat the game too… Maybe tonight.

I did an attempt last night and got this.

1 Like

Nice job!

On a side note: Mr shinobi looks cross-eyed, change my mind.

1 Like

Good luck! @raskulous

Seems you can corner trap the end bosses fourth form which is a huge blessing and you really don’t want to allow his third form to land on the ground from his jumps or he becomes a pain to deal with.

@Shinriji also beat the game and posted up a score in the discord a while back, so hopefully he gets his updated score up on here before closing.

Nice, did he beat your score?

Took me a while to find his discord post.

I’m only barely in front of his score on none completion runs.

On the Vita no less, nice work.

Got to the final boss! 4th phase got me though…

Couple more attempts and I’m done for tonight.

edit: Got to the end boss again, gotta sleep… best I can do for the competition, but I’ll be finishing this one soon!

@Suteneko You’re the winner! What game would you like to play for the next competition?

1 Like

To be honest I have no idea as the couple of games I was thinking about appear to be easily exploited for score due to re-spawning enemies.

Something where we could aim for completion like Shinobi would be fun though.

How about Alien Syndrome (SMS) full game?

Sure, sounds good! I’ll update the site today.

Still didn’t beat the game, but I got a new best score.

Got him! Not a great score, but I finished the game finally!

1 Like

Great job! @raskulous

That makes four of us completing this now.
This High Score battle certainly got enough of us motivated to finally beat this game!

Yeah it’s been on my list of SMS games to beat for a very long time, so I’m happy.

1 Like