RGB High Score Battle! - Week 3: Dragon Spirit (Arcade)

Ah I did not realize that. Oh man I’ll never get to pick :stuck_out_tongue:

You may be surprised… some games are just hit and miss. Not only that, the winner can only choose one week in a row, so sometimes 2nd place gets to pick.

My game for this next week is Dragon Spirit (Arcade/MaME).

I’ll update the site tomorrow, good luck everyone!

Can we do speed run stuff? I really like gunning for a time over a high score.

Unless it’s donkey kong or dig dug. Someone pick those!

I would be game for that, for sure.

Site is updated! Here’s our current week details:

Game: Dragon Spirit
Platform(s): Arcade
Game Details: Full Game, No Continues, Start in Area 1
Battle Ends: Sunday, March 25th @ Midnight PST

I’ve updated the website with the new game, let’s get fireballing!

Good luck everyone, please submit your scores via screenshot or video by replying directly to this post!

I’m excited for this one… I played this game on the NES when I was a kid, but only as a rental at a friend’s house, so I didn’t ever get to spend lots of time with it.

I haven’t tried the arcade version yet, so I’m pretty pumped!

Well the F-Zero challenge we just did was a speedrun of sorts so doesn’t seem like it’s off the table. You just gotta win the Dragon Spirit challenge to make it happen @_@.

Well that was a racing game so it kind of needs to go based on time.

New rule, anyone who beats my score gets banned! I thought I had Fzero in the bag!

I’d be lying if said I didn’t find this satisfying. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to add a points system for our battles, so we can encourage some more participation.

I’ve added this to the first post in this thread:

Points will be awarded for the entrants, based on the position finished for the week. This is to encourage wider participation, and the points will be posted each week as well as on the website.

POSITION POINTS AWARDED
1st: 10 points
2nd: 7 points
3rd: 5 points
4th: 3 points
5th: 2 points
Any honest attempt: 1 point

Damn… wouldve tried harder in week two for points. I gave up my first place position :neutral_face:

Yeah. Late to the party is better than never showing up! I just thought of this idea, I think it will give people some encouragement.

What about making a new thread for a new game?

Doesn’t matter to me, either way is fine.

It’s worth noting that the Arcade version is also on Wii VC!

Maybe the thread title could be updated each week to reflect the current game?

@raskulous

Good idea, updated

I think one thread per game would be better, as it would keep things tidier:

• Each thread got the name of the game in its title, making it easier to retrieve;
  • it would allow a first post to keep the up-to-date list of scores, maybe have a brief description of the game (platform, type of gameplay, type of scoring, etc);
  • every time a new game is chosen, the reader would go to said first post and be able to follow the relevant discussion. Now, if someone missed a couple of games, clicking the thread just goes in the middle of a discussion three games ago.

That’s what I think, anyway.

These are all great points and I agree with all of them. I’m all for it but I’ll leave it up to @raskulous

Yea, I agree on the new thread per week idea. But it’s Rask’s choice.