RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

Oh man they stopped making them. I guess I better order a pair. I see some available backordered off another local site. Hopefully they can fill my order. Can’t miss out on component cables because I don’t see another company bothering anymore now that HDMI is the only thing that will be available on TVs going forward

2 Likes

Picked up the Arcade Archives release of Sunset Riders today and really digging it. It’s a game I only played in arcades and haven’t played in years but loved it all the same. Having it on a four-player capable console is the deal!

3 Likes

Don’t forget that the GCHDMI Mk II supports analogue out and will work just as well as the insurrection industries cable if you use a high quality set of Wii component cables (like the HD Retrovision ones)

Worst case if you can’t get them locally you could go down this road. I’m just happy I picked them up on a whim as I had a coupon on Castlemania games.

2 Likes

I bought a pair of the component cables last minute too - I actually emailed Castlemania after their site said they were out and they had a set for me. Coming in the mail tomorrow!

I’m glad there will be an analog option going forward w/ the GCHDMI Mk II - I’m already sorted on HDMI on GameCube so I’m glad I didn’t have to spend $150 on one in my case.

1 Like

I was so tempted to get the GCHD as it would more or less be an all in one solution but I realised that if I ever do go back to HDMI it will be through an OSSC pro so I’d rather let the external device to the scaling.

New PCB day is best day.

12 Likes

Wow, definitely the best day. Love Rayforce!

Awesome!

I picked up a triple monitor stand for the Shmup Station. Each mount supports TATE.

Here’s how everything looks so far. I hope the desks come back in stock so I can replace the old one.

I picked up a TG16 mini a couple weeks ago:

I picked up some games in the last 6 months:

There’s more but I don’t have pictures of those yet.

7 Likes

That is a big haul! I got a Brook’s Retro Board to replace the McCthulhu in my custom arcade stick. Got it mostly transferred over but I still need a few things to make it complete.

Holy shit. Nice pickup.

How does the PCB compare to the Saturn version?

1 Like

Thanks! Other than a different version of the soundtrack and very subtle graphical differences, the Saturn port is quite faithful to the PCB.

1 Like

Well looks like my order was filled. Retro Saga sent me a shipping notice so it looks like they had some in stock. Can’t wait to finally try GBA in 240P RGB.

The hi score threads on the shmups forum state that the Saturn port on default settings is easier than the PCB.

Got a bunch of boxed games still on the way which I’ll wait before posting, but recent digital pickups are Taito’s Touhou Spell Bubble (competitive rhythm action Puzzle Bobble) and Death Come True, a new visual novel from Kodaka, creator of Danganronpa.

I just picked this up for $15 which was worth it just for the controllers. My slim is still kicking and hooked up but it’s on CFW so it will be nice to set this up on PSN to access all of my purchases again.

Has anyone had any experience swapping out the analog sticks? Even my original controller is getting tacky as the rubber breaks down. Are the generic ebay replacements alright?

3 Likes

I haven’t replaced analogs on a DS3 yet but I replaced the ones on several Xbox, 360, and PS2 controllers. It’s a pretty simple process. I don’t think the replacements I’ve gotten are as good as OEM but they’re also not bad and certainly better than a worn one.

If the condition is fine except for the degrading rubber, it might be better to just disassemble and clean them. I soak my used controller components in soapy water mixed with some alcohol before scrubbing, for old rubber like that some attention with soap + alcohol might be enough to make it passable.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give that a go, I still need to disassemble and clean the DS3s so I’ll try that while I’m at it.

Basically despite me being a clean freak the rubber is now breaking down and becoming shiny and sticky.

Despite the high RRP, I caved in out of sheer temptation for a portable arcade racer as well programmed and good as this one. Burnout Paradise has its issues, but it’s still good and unique in how it’s truly an open world racing game that lets you take any route to a single destination in its races.

1 Like

Retailers over here have been clearing out 3DS stock, and I was lucky enough to find stock nearby, ready to ship. These half-dozen games were cheaper combined than the price of a single new game!

Question is when I’ll get round to playing them…

4 Likes