Sega Saturn |OT| - Playin' Saturn each day keeps Segata away!

I still need to play Albert Odyssey. When I bought it I had yet to mod my PAL console for 60Hz and as a result the real-time cut-scenes were completely out of sync, so I shelved it.

Tell us how you like it!

Would you be playing the JP version? If so that game has crazy high random encounters.

No, US. I bought it years ago when it was still affordable, and when I barely knew about 50/60Hz and console modding, and thus never got to play it :frowning:

Just found a bin of mint jp Saturn games for ~$3cad a peice. All were complete, most with the spine cards too. Iā€™ll post what I grabbed later!

2 Likes

So I got the video cable, and looks like that free saturn has some capacitor fried since it looks that a image will come out but just static, like a NES with messed pins.

Also, disks wonā€™t spin (dead laser probably), so I will consider that as a lost cause since Will be easier and cheaper just to buy a new one.

Legit question, do you disassemble broken consoles for recycling?

Awesome! Looking forward to that!

I keep the broken ones so I can harvest stuff in case the working one needs repair.

Pics or it didnā€™t happen, Socks.

This guy had so much good shit at really good prices but I didnā€™t bring alot of HKD so I tried to stick to the cheap Stuff. I got these for $20hkd each.

If I have some HKD left over I may go grab his boxed gamecube component cables for 800HKD.

Edit : I donā€™t know why the picture is sideways but Iā€™m drunk and tired so im not fixing it!

3 Likes

DAYTOOOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAA LETā€™S GO AWAY!

Haha, love it. Second time Iā€™ve posted that today. RGB is the best board.

Great haul Socks. I have a US copy of Shining Wisdom but still havenā€™t played more than 5 minutes. We should do a playthrough together.

800HKD is about 80 UK GBP

also 20 HKD per Saturn game is pretty good deal wish I was there :o

Yeah Iā€™d love to play through! I wonā€™t be doing much with that JP version other then storing it on a shelf though lol.

We went here but it was mostly modern stuff. I found this guy around the corner at the ā€œgolden centerā€
20180424_145225

1 Like

I envy you, man. I really want to get to Japan some day.

I believe thatā€™s Hong Kong

Whoops! My bad. Either wayā€¦ a tour of that area of the world would be super.

Need an opinion on the following games:

• Riglord saga (1 and 2)
  • Quo Vadis (1 and 2)
  • Gulliver Boy
  • Chaos Seed
  • Steamgear Mash
  • Terra Phantastica
  • Battle athletes undoukai

I spent a lot of time on that one. Itā€™s a cool tactical RPG thatā€™s not too long. I bought 2 but couldnā€™t get through the Japanese interface. I wish there was a translation patch. I would recommend it if you like tactical RPGs.

Looking to buy a White Model 2 Japanese Saturn. Preferably with the box. Let me know.

Yup, that was Hong Kong. Iā€™m in Taiwan right now and head to Japan tomorrow!

Steamgear Mash is a good isometric game, but I havenā€™t played it in a long time. Really sweet natured with I think 7 long stages. Feels like somebody mixed Sonic 3d blast and mechwarrior 3050.