RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

They’re done by a guy who goes by “Moonshake Records”. Since they’re unofficial, I won’t link to them here. Not sure if there’s any left of these releases, once they’re gone, they’re gone.

Haha, yup, they’re boots. The guy has done a bunch, all with covers that are parodies of famous album art. The only other one I have is Dr Mario, which is a 7" record with a cover that strongly resembles Dr. Dre’s The Chronic. He’s done I think around 10 or so releases so far (Zelda, Megaman 2, Pokemon, a few others). I’m happy to keep buying them as the quality is quite good, and Nintendo won’t release them on vinyl for me to buy legit.

Metroid actually has two covers, the other side being a play on The Velvet Underground & Nico (and you can actually peel the morph ball off, revealing Samus underneath!):

0EA9BF77-2010-4B51-BB83-65525D052D95

4 Likes

I am surprised you found Techniques 1200s with the plastic cover still in tact. That is usually the first thing to get lost or broken on that model. I cringe everytime I see someone with a shit belt driven turntable when I know how superior these players are to almost everything out there. I sold my 1200s with about 3-4K records to a guy I used to spin with.

Installed this replacement shell on my joycon last night

Tell us about the D-Pad mod. I want to know everything.

It’s not even a mod now. They sell these shells on Amazon. It’s only a matter of installing it which totally sucks.

1 Like

Yeah, it was actually a super good deal used. The dust cover has a small crack, but it’s still in great shape.

I don’t inherently mind belt driven turntables, some of the high end ones are really, REALLY nice. But if you’re looking for a reliable table without spending too much money, the 1200 is a gem. Not to mention it’s compatible with almost any cartridge/stylus combo, so you can spend your extra money where it really matters (in my opinion).

Received my Extron Crosspoint 300 168 (16 IN 8 OUT) today.

Time to start investing more in cables :slight_smile:

That thing is a beast. Nice pickup. My BNC matrix Switch is 8 inputs and 8 outputs… so I need another 4 monitors to take full advantage of it (which will likely never happen).

What do you plan to connect to yours?

My first two systems are SNES through RGB then Dreamcast RGB (from Hanzo > Scart)

Now that I have this Extron I finally feel ready to dive in to a Sega Saturn purchase and go RGB with that.

It truly is overkill for what I have currently. I just got a good deal on it and decided to go this route instead of something like a Gscart for now.

As far as outputs go I’m going to go one to my PVM, another out to Svideo in to my PVM (using the RG of one of the outs)… and when I eventually get a Framemeister one of the outs will run to it.

I do have another PVM I could run to just for the sake of using more of those outputs… I may do that so I can take comparisons in sharpness between my 1342Q and 14M2U.

Future proofed for a long, long time with this hulking beast.

Just be careful. If you don’t make your own wires, buying SCART to BNC converters can be rather expensive and cost you way more in the long run than a good SCART Switch.

Hi,

November package from japan , a good month :slight_smile:

A_s

4 Likes

Man is that super star soldier going for that star Trek look!

Oh yes it will definitely cost me more. Luckily I knew that going in to this.

I just love the idea of having this giant BNC matrix switcher. Lower cost up front but quite a bit more cost in the long run because of the cabling.

At the time the Gscart looked like it wasn’t going to go up for sale for some time (turns out it went up fro sale again last week… oh well)… and I decided to just commit to the extron crosspoint.

I like taking paths where I learn more in the process. With this Extron I’ve already learned more things about cables and what is out there as far as interconnects… which I’m happy about :slight_smile:

I picked up a Super game boy from RetroRGB, Wipeout 64 and super mario strikes from a seller on nintendo age. Wipeout 64 is complete, which is awesome.

I wish scart wasn’t a thing that took off here. I would much prefer if everything was BNC. Not having chroma control on my PVM when playing games over RGB always bums me out. I had those hd retrovision cables for a while and I would always dial in each game a little bit and it was nice to have. I sold them because my whole setup was scart and to redo it all now would cost hundreds in cables alone.

Retro fair pick-ups. Nothing earth-shattering, but some nice additions to the collections at any rate. The Fa,icom games and GB games were €1,- each. I also got a pretty damn good deal on Einhänder, I think the seller had it priced wrong, but I got it for €25,-. Also interested to see if that Macross shoot 'em up is any good. I know literally nothing of Macross, so we’ll see.

1 Like

Got this in a couple of days ago, took forever to get here. I actually bought it before I did the PCEngine controller I posted.

And this came in yesterday early in the extra-life stream so did a mini unboxing and got it set up.

Picked up close to 50 SNES games this month but these are the heavy hitters. Gonna spend this month working on Genesis,only own Rocket Knight Adventures (my favorite Genesis game) so its gonna be an expensive Nov!

2 Likes

Nabbed this for a very cheap price on Yahoo Auctions. and it’s as good as i remember it being. Honestly I think it might be the best Tennis game of all time! I did have to adjust to the timing, since Virtua Tennis 4 has been my go-to Tennis game for so many years. No need to hold for power here, you swing when you hit that button. Managed to get my wife to play a few games and thanks to the simplicity, she really started to enjoy it. The characters also yell “SHIT!” when they lose, which I don’t remember in the western version!

3 Likes

Still looking for a similar kind of tennis game on a retro system I own… Is there anything remotely comparable (in terms of sheer gameplay/simplicity) on the Mega Drive?