Sega Saturn |OT| - Playin' Saturn each day keeps Segata away!

This one?

BTW, the chiptune scene has been collaterally beneficial to us all, I think. Thank goodness for that. heh

Thereā€™s a link to his Patreon up in the original post for this thread. Click ā€œBoot Devices.ā€ The dev posts updates on his progress there.

Yes.

My saturn was acting up and some few games (Fighting Vipers and Shining Wisdom) were being recognized as audio CD only. I managed to fix it adjusting the pot. And since I opened my saturn, I wanted to exchange the upper case from a junk saturn, since both are almost launch units (oval buttons) but in really good cosmetic shape.

To my surprise, they arenā€™t compatible, since my junk saturn have a space for the power cord that my current one donā€™t have. The motherboard is completely different as well, but it looks like if I cut that space from the outer shell, it is possible to migrate to one from another.

You may have seen my post earlier. I had some of that too with my Saturn. Used a Q-Tip on the laser with a little alcohol and that cleared me up before even touching the pot. Something to try if it crops up again.

I did this with my segaCD that kept freezing mid game. 4+ years later and itā€™s still going strong. +1 for cue tips and alcohol!

2 Likes

I got 10+ viewers on twitch today playing (terribly) Sega Rally on real hardware.

The thirst for Saturn gameplay is real!

Nice! I really need to get a capture cardā€¦

There is a surprising amount of Saturn hardware revisions floating around out there. I realized this when I was initially shopping for a RHEA.

Nah, mobile camera on screen for life.

Canā€™t get more grassroots than that.

Iā€™ve watched hundreds of hours of fighting games with the crt scroll on a bumpy cam.

3 Likes

Ah yes, those were the days. Half the time it seemed like MvC2 was too fast for a camcorder.

I can do that. I bought a tripod for it. I just havenā€™t set it up yet.

Youā€™ve given me the confidence!

2 Likes

Dave " ninja" Long

@cornerstone I still play mvc2 damn near everyday!

DaveLong is my brand. :joy:

How do you get Soukyugurentai to boot without the scrambled text again? Using action replay cart.

Oh yes you can. Before the days of streaming video I used to record on to VHS and send the tapes to my mates.

You donā€™t. You either get a Japanese Saturn or you buy Soukyugurentai Otokuyo.

If I have the PS1 version of Soukyugurentai is there much reason to hunt down a Saturn version?